CAAP ARTIST LAB x SA PARTICIPANTS - Photo by Emma Fiddle
SUPPORT CONTEMPORARY ASIAN AUSTRALIAN PERFORMANCE
Let's face it - the last two years have been tough! A global pandemic, continuing effects of climate crisis, socio-political rambunctions globally and at home. You name it, we've seen it - and lived through it!
But we've done it together. ...and together is how CAAP creates work that makes a difference to how audiences, artists and communities see themselves and each other. With incredible artists, friends and fans-of-diversity, CAAP has been able to keep growing for almost a decade; to keep inspiring artists and audiences to demand, embrace and realise the full potential of a richly diverse and inclusive multicultural Australia.
In 2021 we...
- 2 major festivals to deliver 4 contemporary Asian Australian productions - including 2 brand new works
- 11 theatre companies and arts organisations to deliver skills and sector development opportunties for Asian Australian artists across the country
- 5 arts organisations to launch ENGAGE! - a two year community engagement research and trial program aiming to increase deeper and more meaningful connections between arts organisations and diaspora communities in regional Australia.
- 1500 audience members across the entire artistic programme
- 147 participants across our skills & sector development programme in nationally and internationally
- over 75 artists & arts workers with 70% identifying as CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse)
- a 100% CALD female led and run Artistic & Operations team, including bringing on full-time staff for the first time in the organisation's history
None of this would have been possible without the support of donors, philanthropists and the artistic communtiy that are at the beating heart of what we do.
This year we're asking you to join CAAP as we continue to meet the needs of our audiences and communities - and head to places we can all only imagine.
Donate now to KEEP CAAP GROWING in 2022!