With EOFY fast approaching, we looked back on the year that 2020 was, with all its challenges, and we realised just how much we were able to achieve.
Through the fortune of good timing, some fancy ‘pivoting’ and some bold choices, we were able to:
- Open the world premiere of our food and storytelling sensation Double Delicious to sell out audiences at Carriageworks for Sydney Festival and AsiaTOPA Festival in Melbourne and Geelong;
- Re-engineer our Longhouse networking, development and information sharing program to an online platform - including our first Longhouse Goes Global reaching out to fellow international Asian diasporic theatre practitioners in LA, London and Toronto;
- Partner with 3 of Sydney’s major theatre companies and University of Western Sydney to host our inaugural CAAP Artist Lab: a skills sharing, capacity building and development program for 15 CAAP Artists;
- Begin research into community engagement and audience development practices, with a view to enhancing the relationships between Regional Venue Partners and their communities;
- Appoint a General Manager to build the CAAP team and lead the company’s growth
It wouldn’t have been possible without the generosity of our CAAP supporters
Our matched donation campaign, 100+ Voices Speak was a standout moment amongst the challenges of 2020. Our CAAP supporters pledged an incredible $25,000 during the campaign - which in turn became an extraordinary $50,000 with matched funds through Creative Partnerships Australia’s Plus 1 program!
Your support at this time will make our work in 2021 and beyond possible
100+ Voices Speak gave us the confidence to keep growing in a time of uncertainty. Your support now will allow us to continue making new works, providing career pathways for Asian Australian artists, and advocating for greater cultural diversity in the performing arts.
Your donation will help us to:
- Develop and premiere a new contemporary Indonesian shadow play – Perahu-Perahu – with acclaimed Indonesian-Australian visual artist, Jumaadi, and CAAP Artist, theatre maker and composer, Michael Toisuta;
- Tour Double Delicious to audiences around Australia;
- Continue our Longhouse and Longhouse Goes Global programs - with the latter seeing us engage and gain a deeper understanding of the international landscape with our colleagues in China;
- Continue our research and develop a pilot program through our community engagement and audience development initiative ENGAGE! - deepening connections between Regional Venues and their communities.